Thread: New Carbonum look?

Question New Carbonum look?

I have been reading around and heard somewhere that the last patch made carb look better or something. Since I cant play AO atm could someone confirm this and post a screenie plz.
    Yomartehfixr-Grid Armor MKI Fixer
    Yomar03-Timmy Gun Agent
    Yomartehgimp-Cyberdeck Nano-Technician
    Yomaru-Stygian Desolator Enforcer
    Yomartehmp-Metaphysical Demon/Quantam Wings Meta Physicist
    Yomar0-Improved Tango Dirks Enforcer
    Yomar-Uber Fist Martial Artist-(Current Main)
    Yomarthegimp-Slayerdroid Guardian/Slayerdroid Transference Engineer

Woot lol I learned vB Code :P

It looks better, in a strange way. It seems more "Sharp", not just black and ugly yellowbrown with blurred colors, its more sharp and edgy now, like if you take a picture in Photoshop, and go from 100% Blur to 100% Contrast.

Bottom line, it looks much better now.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Yes it has changed

Used to be a bland and dark orange kind of coulour, now its more golden-metallic kinda, and i suck at explaining
    [Storm] Caloss2: anyways, it doesn't really matter what FC do or don't do, I don't play AO anymore, I haven't played AO for over a year, these days I play something much more fun I play storm guild, and that is never gonna change

Before the patch, if you looked closely at carb, you could see a very thin "dmg shield" that was copper colored overlayed on the carb, underneath it was just generic white plasteel. I think they actually decided to not be lazy and actually recolor the carbonum skin to copper; as it would cut down on the number of polygons on the screen since carbonum is a very popular armor. Now for recoloring my Abyssal Desecrator .

yes it has been changed.

Old carbonum chestplate texture

New carbonum chestplate texture

As you can see the new texture is darker, sharper and generally more detailed.

And I also noticed the bottom of the carb boots is now a blue colour cant remember exactly what the colour was before.

Talking

nice i like the new black and gray colors on it looks great
    Yomartehfixr-Grid Armor MKI Fixer
    Yomar03-Timmy Gun Agent
    Yomartehgimp-Cyberdeck Nano-Technician
    Yomaru-Stygian Desolator Enforcer
    Yomartehmp-Metaphysical Demon/Quantam Wings Meta Physicist
    Yomar0-Improved Tango Dirks Enforcer
    Yomar-Uber Fist Martial Artist-(Current Main)
    Yomarthegimp-Slayerdroid Guardian/Slayerdroid Transference Engineer

Woot lol I learned vB Code :P

did this also change the sided carb ?

Anyone have a pic. of the omni carbonum? Thx.

Yea this happened a while back before the SL release with most of the generic armors, just logged on one day and BAM my armor had a more sharp look to it. Made a set of Carb in a pinch a few days ago and noticed the change but thought it was just my graphics card picking up the slack for once. w00t thanks for the new texture!!
    Divos- lvl 208 Doc
    Meagi- lvl 213 crat
    Xazmit- Evil fixer extrodinare
    Owner of Evil Fixer Enterprises TM
    www.SynergyFactor.net

Whoops.. for some reason, texture updater didn't overwrite that one. Anyway, updated that body texture while I upload the rest as a batch.

Overall, it really wasn't changed much at all. Some of the "crispness" you're talking about in comparing that old image to the one on auno.org is because he seems to be converting everything to a GIF, which reduces the color count a bit and can make the edges appear harder than they are.

Made aquick backup for comparison:
    Old Texture
    New Texture

Looks like they mostly just changed the color of the cloth area and raised the contrast a bit on the main area. On a pixel-basis, nothing was modified, just really a contrast tweak and color-shifting the background area.

Looks a lot better with the blue and deeper shadows, though.

Checked the textures and Omni/Storm Carbonum armor textures are unchanged.

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Feb 17th, 2004 at 20:44:37.

I was wondering about that jayde thanks for the update