Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Question (Item transfer to alts)

LOL, just realized that this discussion is in New Arrivals. That's not going to help. I guess we should repost the relevant parts into Gaming Suggestions.
    Whoever designed the Jobe luxury apartments, could I hire you please? :-)

I've suggested this to FC before - but never recieved a good response - just a generic email thanking me and advising that they've recieved the request.

I think it's a good idea ... yeah, we all know about ask a friend etc etc ... but there are times when nobody is available, or you want to do many transferes and mess around distributing your goods, and asking somebody, even a friend is a bit cheaky "yeah just sit here for 45 minutes for me while i screw around with all my accounts k?"

I can't see a reason why they wouldn't at least look into this type of thing .... and of course there are people that are anti social, or new to the game that don't have any friends that they see as trustworthy yet ... and IMO it's a persons right to play the game how they see fit, within the rules layed down by FC ....

just my 2Cents though

Seems the new and delayed shop system has a function for your character adding items to a shop that only your account or you guild can access.

Would answer most of everyones problems.

Just means everyones got to realise that the new shops are a lot more complex than they imagine.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

yeah that's very true ... personally i hope they take their time and nail that addition to the game, if they do it right it could be a great thing

If all else fails, and you have no friends, no guilds or anyone you know is not online...Find the highest level person in your faction around and see if they can transfer it for you...Usually this works okay for non very rare stuff bc what is a lvl 220 doc gonna do with a set of ql50 carb? =), they are not looking to get their named ruined just because they stole something that couldve cost them pocket change.
    ACCOUNT STATUS

Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-01-01 14:48:52

That was my new year resolution concerning AO...

One thing, the ability to duallog two accounts didn't come with AI - I did it earlier and so did many others.

Gholden, I'd agree and if someone wants added security then ask someone in a respected guild - as has been suggested before.

However, when we're talking about rarer stuff like GAs then either it has to be someone you trust completely or you have to make a second account. After the transfer just cancel the new account and you won't get charged - but you do have to remember to cancel..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

You could open a free trial account, for 14 days, (dont forget to cancel it before the end of free trial), you can register with the same credit card number as the one you are paying every month.

Then you can log on with two differents account.

Thinked of it when i was reading your post didnt try yet, but why shouldnt it work...
    /tell Mininiak

Quote Originally Posted by Niak
    You could open a free trial account, for 14 days, (dont forget to cancel it before the end of free trial), you can register with the same credit card number as the one you are paying every month.

Then you can log on with two differents account.

Thinked of it when i was reading your post didnt try yet, but why shouldnt it work...
    It does work If all you want is to transfer stuff, then remember to cancel the trial account.
    But if you want to get rid of some of the buffhunting as well, then a second account might help out here as well (depending on which prof is on what account). The drawback is, of course, that it adds another monthly fee - and adds aren't always welcome.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    It does work If all you want is to transfer stuff, then remember to cancel the trial account.
    But if you want to get rid of some of the buffhunting as well, then a second account might help out here as well (depending on which prof is on what account). The drawback is, of course, that it adds another monthly fee - and adds aren't always welcome.
    You can try calming the adds can't you? . Personally I've never had trouble with transfers. I usually get a guildie or a friend to help. And with the amount of people I know..there's rarely a shortage available to help me
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    You can try calming the adds can't you? . Personally I've never had trouble with transfers. I usually get a guildie or a friend to help. And with the amount of people I know..there's rarely a shortage available to help me
    lol, calming the adds doesn't work .... FC staff appear to have hella high NR as anything I've ever asked them to do with / to my account, the answer has always been "sorry, no can do .... $14.95 plzkthxbye"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    put in one or two extra hours over-time at work, and that should more than cover the monthly fee. Two hours a month isn't that much extra work...

The only real hazzle about keeping, storing and transfering the stuff to alts, is that I allways end up wondering "now, what character had that GA-disk? My fixer really needs that thing, and I'm not sure if my agent/keeper/doc/engie has it. I'm not even sure what account I got it on" So I often find myself cycling through my alts, going through a TON of backpacks in about 16 banks. Of course, renaming backpakcs made that easier. Now I've decided to dedicate one backpack for each char in each bank "backpack of stuff I want to transfer to my agent one of these days". I doubt I'll get room for that many letters, nor would it be practical, but the general idea isn't that bad, I think. As for easy&fast transfer of pure credits, you can gather some people, make them help you create a guild, kick everyone but on, have him recruit your alts as you log them on. (I found that it helped offering cash for the help. I yelled for almost an hour, no reply. Then I offered some money for the help, I got instant reply from twelve people (had to say something like "the first five people get paid, if you're late, it's not my fault" as a disclaimer. Although, if you're new to AO, you probably don't have the money to DO just that. Anyways, that way, I got My Pesonal Guild. Partly to use the guildbank as a common money-gathering-place, and partly to avoid beeing spammed with random guild-invites I didn't want

(please note that My Personal Guild is not a real guild, as it only has my alts as members. My REAL guild is a completely different one (info in sig, btw) uhm... I should probably stop typing now, since I have nothing further to say ATM.

lol that's a fine idea sky ... good thinking

Yeah, it'll do the trick

For myself, when I have enough stuff on my various toons I hold a "Tell me what you've got" day where I spend some time abusing Helpbot to find out what is where and what to do with it..
    I then proceed to move it around to whoever need it the most at that time (ie what alts I'm going to play most) or to my mules.
    The really important thing is to keep the lists up to date I've spent a long time looking for stuff that had already been moved.

And yes, renaming BPs are going to be a big help I'd suggest names along the lines of "Agent01" - it's short and yet informative enough..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Question was answered. *looks at the farmers & necromancers* Closing it up but remember that all trades are final so be careful who you trade your stuff to.
    Last edited by Meesoon; Dec 12th, 2004 at 15:01:52.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12