Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Death of Hezak the Immortal!

Originally posted by Jayde
    Hezak's nukes and such are controlled by a wearable item Immortal Presence Pulser Wearable

Therefore, NSD would have no effect on him at all.. Sorry..

If you "follow" the "Initial Delay" sequence and how that works (look for Durations and OnNanoTerminate calls for timing) you can see how the timing on his casting works..

-Jayde
    Does it matter that it's CastNano on that wearable item and not CastStunNano (as you see on .... (damn it's been so long since I've played I can't remember the name) ... Boosted Grafts? (I think that's it. The little things that let you do Wolf form and such even though you ain't an Advy.)

I don't see any Nanoskill requirements on any of the nanoprogram calls or the subsequent AoE call or OnTerminate calls so I don't know why NSD would work unless they actually put in a MOB state flag 'IsNanoShutdown' to query during the CastNano procedure.

In fact, that makes sense considering I read above that Dominate and Ransack don't work. Only NSD. That would mean that NSD is setting a bit in MOB's object state that is preventing the 'CastNano' procedure from continuing. This would be a completely seperate situation from Dominate that would lower a MOB's skills below the threshold to execute a nano. CastNano would continue until the point where the skillcheck is done and then fail under those circumstances assuming -400 was enough.

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=205380
    There's a nano that the flunkies in the ToTW use. We know that those MOB's are affected by Unmakes (crappy version of Dominate). That item has skill requirements.

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=168919
    There's the AoE from 'The One'. We know that the MP (sometimes even two! OMFG!) are actually welcome at The One. See that? AreaCastNano ... it doesn't happen when he's shut down. I'd bet if it were AreaCastStunNano, it would.

Funny that it has a 100% MaterialCreation attack skill, yet no MaterialCreation requirement to use like an NT nuke would:

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=28618

Then again, nanos that are executed are actually 'used' and don't happen OnWear like a lot of the NPC area nukes and such.

This seems to be a way to reduce server overhead by not having to do skill checks on all these Shadowlands mobs. Basically you got a Yes/No binary query at the entrance to the CastNano

It also might be a shining ray of hope for MP's in general. If NSD is, as a rule, effective to some degree on the majority of Shadowlands Mobs, then the profession has the opportunity to become not only viable, but interesting.

The idea is that your Martial Artist can do 4000 points of damage and kill the monster. The MP if he shuts down the monster, must effectively do 2000 points of damage to kill the monster. Same effect, yet different gameplay. Differing toolsets achieving the same end goal. A departure from hack/slash (or however you do 'damage') being the only way to kill (or overcome) something.

hehe resurrection
    just read the thread and realized we killed hezak in 4 ppl yesterday

oh my how I miss those olschool raids
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Holy Necromantic Voodoo Batman!
    RK2 - PATHOM - MY GEAR - MY DREAM
    RK2 - ANCHOVYPASTE - KRESKI - POTLESS - TRUEFLAME

"Escritores: Most Americans think Denmark is the capital of Ikea..."
    "Chipbutty: Lend me your brain Doomaxe, im building an idiot"

Haha yeah, Shadowlands made IS a joke. Loster and I all but duo'd the entire temple, and could probably take Hezak down with little difficulty if we actually gave it an honest effort (we lasted a long time pulling him to get killed out of the temple ).

Good times though. I remember that raid quite well.

did if with a adv 220 even before AI came out

althou its safer to get another person to concentrate solo'ly on killing fanatics
    the trick is to use the pillers to your advantage if your the healer.....
    Last edited by sandman1; May 4th, 2005 at 10:49:04.
    220 enf Setup

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345