Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Red face Thread

Really good guide Highorbits,
    I just sugest a little more focus on the perks, at least I'm having a hard time waiting for the 72 hours perk removal time

As far as I can tell:

until lvl 200 you most likely is only going to choose 2 main perk lines (some engs get a temporary line like Training Seminar ou Cartographer just to get exp or explore shadowlands but probably they will remove then sometime)

coments about a few ones I know:

Gadgeteer: By lvl 20 it gives Reconstruction with is a little disapointing cause in theory it regens 15 hp 7,5 times/sec but in the pratice I've only seen it regens around 15 hp once or twice each attck it receves from the enemy (plz correct me if I'm wrong, but unless my comp reduce's the heal spam that's what it looks like)
    by lvl 40 it increases to 24
    by lvl 70 it increases to 37
    by lvl 100 it increases to 56
    by lvl 120 it increases to 76
    by lvl 150 it increases to 112
    by lvl 180 it increases to 180
    by lvl 200 it increases to 262
    by lvl 203 it increases to 350

As I'm not lvl 100 yet so I dont know how efficient other specials attcks are but I thing Taunt Box (with you get by lvl 100) seens quite a nice one (as it increases pet's agroo)

Bio Shielding: Its been said in some forums to be a really good perk line and eng's have full access to it. Bio Cocoon, with you get by lvl 40, gives you a 800 hp shield (by lvl 40 it were more than my hp )
    of course engs dont get agroo too often

Well.. I tryed pistol mastery too but I just found out how bad I am to explain things and I tryed this perk way after I should have, so I might say something wrong

maybe a nice sugestion would be putting how the perk specials work (ie: Reconstruction takes a few second, quick shot can be resisted) and what is its effects with a few coments about every1's experience

Other sugestion is to say what is and the diference between:
    AC
    ShieldAC
    ReflectAC
    (with I'm not sure myself so I rather not say anything here )

Yeah... need to work on it a little, unfortunately been quite busy at work for the last few days (despite finding time to post on here all day anyway ).

But I'll improve that side of things a little shortly.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour

a couple details i spoted on the Great guide:
    (i wish i had this guide when i started, would save me a lot of trial/error and time surfing the web) =)

theres a couple of references to teh old gui inthe beggining of the guide, maybe update it to reflect new gui too ?

and maybe make the content list link to the corresponding section of the page, i think the board supports it.
    Lusitano: Rimor Engineer

Originally posted by Lusitano
    a couple details i spoted on the Great guide:
    (i wish i had this guide when i started, would save me a lot of trial/error and time surfing the web) =)

theres a couple of references to teh old gui inthe beggining of the guide, maybe update it to reflect new gui too ?

and maybe make the content list link to the corresponding section of the page, i think the board supports it.
    It needs a bit of a revamp for sure... Soon as I have a little more free time.

Offensive Auroras

Are these for sale in some special shop or are then Mission Rewards ONLY or what? Can't seem to locate them. Just at the level to get QL17 - Disruptive Field Negator and having trouble locating it.

A thing I just noticed when I got my Flawed Warmachine. Nano needs 751 TS/MC, shell needs 753. And with a skill of 753, 602 should be enough to not OE, 609 was not enough but 612 was.

Re: Offensive Auroras

Originally posted by Toosurf
    Are these for sale in some special shop or are then Mission Rewards ONLY or what? Can't seem to locate them. Just at the level to get QL17 - Disruptive Field Negator and having trouble locating it.
    Mission reward/random loot. They are blitzable.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."

Added Flawed Warmachine to the list of bugged bots, thanks Soriana.

Added a note about where to get the Sympathetic and Disruptive nanos since I seemed to have missed that part.

Updated the weapons section.

btw, I discovered that the Common Gladiatorbot requires 318 TS/MC, not the listed 317 to cast.

Re-wrote the trimmer guide, hopefully a bit more useful now.

I have to say, this is an excellent guide High. I even learned that the blind nano's lowered those skills.

Thumbs up

Love your guide... Very useful.

Now I am in the process of levelling my pure Tradeskill Engie and I was wondering if section 11.2 is still completely up-to-date and complete? Things that are missing that come to mind are Towers and the Arul-Saba bracers... any more?

Asking because by looking at skill emulator IP is gonna be extremely tight if I want to max all tradeskills and B&E (but possible by gimping Fighting skills) so if I can skip on anything it'd be nice

Are there also any tradeskills that can be dropped earlier on ie. like PM/SI (no need to go over 800) maybe Chemistry, Break&Entry?

This kind of stuff would be nice to see in the guide although I might be asking a bit too detailed info there for the scope of the guide...

Either way, good work and appreciated
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

I have 459 TS and 460 MC.. And I cant use Perfected Guardbot . Earier it said "Perfected Guardbot - Should require 449 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (458+ requires testing). " I will be raising my MC/TS 1 point at the time with all the buffs I got on now.. so that I can find out how much it needs.. Just need to get a wrangle to do a pet a bit lower then it so that I can lvl 1 time and raise MC/TS

Originally posted by Highorbit
    Added Flawed Warmachine to the list of bugged bots, thanks Soriana.

Added a note about where to get the Sympathetic and Disruptive nanos since I seemed to have missed that part.
    I have a little note to this I'm planing to start an engineer, so I was blitzing some nanos for him and it seems that the "Disruptive Photon" line (the one which requires PM instead of MC) is not even blitzable (tried several hours and didn't get a single one of them) can someone confirm it ?

Btw. it's really awesome guide, it's definitely the best guide about a profession from all the quides out there. (or at least from which I have read so far)

Originally posted by Deathmers
    I have a little note to this I'm planing to start an engineer, so I was blitzing some nanos for him and it seems that the "Disruptive Photon" line (the one which requires PM instead of MC) is not even blitzable (tried several hours and didn't get a single one of them) can someone confirm it ?
    Definately blitzable, you might have just had an unlucky moment.

Originally posted by Deathmers

Yah, I got one just last night...but it did take me 40 mins of so of clicking w/ Clicksaver so they are pretty rare.
    Last edited by Penance; Apr 25th, 2004 at 20:29:13.

Hmm yea you were right I already got two from missions too, but it's really hard to roll them, took me over two hours to roll both :-/

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast