Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Highorbits Engineer Guide MkII

It's an obscenely complicated subject.

And to be honest I don't have enough of an understanding of it to truely explain to someone what's going on there. But I would argue that very few people do except Funcom employees.

Nano Resists effectiveness also depends on the position of your aggro bar. It's not a static translation to v resist will allow you to resist x nuke if the attacker has y nano skill with z chance.

AMS as you say is visible, but effectively it's just the higher the better. AMS is used to calculate a critical, a hit or a miss against the opponents final DMS.

The Ring of Luck adds a static amount to Defensive Rating, rather than a percentage increase. The same with Add All Def clusters.

DMS is primarily based on Evades. I believe DMS to be a static value, but I believe there to be seperate versions of it for each evasion skill.

The position of the aggro bar also I think provides a multiplier for DMS, which either increases or decreases the end value used to calculate a critical hit, a hit or a miss.

Because of these issues I want to avoid an attempt to explain these further within the guide.

Inits are a much easier topic, there has been a lot of experimentation down that line so a lot of people have a very solid understanding of that topic. The speed published on weapons are accurate with 0 init and 50% aggro bar (ie in the middle) the same applies for Nanos.

Essentially... too much maths... which I have so far tried to avoid. OE rules aside.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

armor: So8 is a very good armor, buffs agility and stamina which might get you that 1 extra nano point

inw eapons you might want to mention the MTI Pocket Launcher which is quite IP easy, I wish we had that one back in my n00by years

Originally posted by Lulabby
    armor: So8 is a very good armor, buffs agility and stamina which might get you that 1 extra nano point

inw eapons you might want to mention the MTI Pocket Launcher which is quite IP easy, I wish we had that one back in my n00by years
    Added those two now thanks.

Great guide!!!

You may want to add the "Platinum Ring of the Three" to section 5.5, since one type of them gives you +1 in MC&TS.

(There are 3 versions of both the Notum and the Platinum Rings available in the Temple, each adding to two other Nanoskills [MC/TS, PM/SI, MM/BM]. Although the Rings are UNIQUE, you can wear two Notum Rings with different Nanoskills. One Notum and Platinum Ring Type is dropping rather often from some mobs, but the others are afaik only dropped by the Curator, and that not too often. Took some hours of camping till I had all 6 together ).
    Last edited by Dyotron; Jun 26th, 2003 at 10:30:31.
    "...for you are now in the fixer forums...the one place where the largest colelction of angry.bitter...jaded crazed mofos gather and gripe abotu things."
    Thanks, Metalynx

Sew your very own leet doll, instructions and patterns can be found here.

High, might add something about Blind Auras? The requrements arn't that hard and keeping adds under some form of control is good when you are n00b, and often draws adds.
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Originally posted by Dyotron
    Great guide!!!

You may want to add the "Platinum Ring of the Three" to section 5.5, since one type of them gives you +1 in MC&TS.

(There are 3 versions of both the Notum and the Platinum Rings available in the Temple, each adding to two other Nanoskills [MC/TS, PM/SI, MM/BM]. Although the Rings are UNIQUE, you can wear two Notum Rings with different Nanoskills. One Notum and Platinum Ring Type is dropping rather often from some mobs, but the others are afaik only dropped by the Curator, and that not too often. Took some hours of camping till I had all 6 together ).
    Added thankyou

Originally posted by Maimgara
    High, might add something about Blind Auras? The requrements arn't that hard and keeping adds under some form of control is good when you are n00b, and often draws adds.
    And added as well as...

10.5. Offensive and Defensive Auras
    10.5.1. Damage Shield Debuff
    10.5.2. Reflect Shield Debuff
    10.5.3. Blind (Add All Off Debuff)

Originally posted by Highorbit

Damage buff auras aren't used much because the damage increase they provide for the NCU is generally not really worthwhile.
    The buff only uses 2 ncu (except for the engi running it ofcourse).

They can be useful in one situation, camping uniques. If you stand in the middle of a large group hitting at a unique the +25 damage adds up to a lot.

Originally posted by Martinn

The buff only uses 2 ncu (except for the engi running it ofcourse).

They can be useful in one situation, camping uniques. If you stand in the middle of a large group hitting at a unique the +25 damage adds up to a lot.
    Reconsidered that part then

All fixed now.

Well, I've got over how HUGE the guide is...

How about adding the tradeskill caps for each breed somewhere in the guide?

AO Skill Emulator gave these as the caps:

Solitus:
    Mech Engie: 719
    Elec Engie: 719
    Quantum FT: 719
    Weapon Smith: 718
    Pharma Tech: 659
    Nano Prog: 719
    Comp Lit: 719
    Psychology: 659
    Chemistry: 719
    Tutoring: 719
    Break&Entry: 659

Nanomage:
    Mech Engie: 721
    Elec Engie: 720
    Quantum FT: 727
    Weapon Smith: 721
    Pharma Tech: 665
    Nano Prog: 726
    Comp Lit: 727
    Psychology: 663
    Chemistry: 719
    Tutoring: 726
    Break&Entry: 660

Opifex:
    Mech Engie: 725
    Elec Engie: 722
    Quantum FT: 713
    Weapon Smith: 715
    Pharma Tech: 659
    Nano Prog: 714
    Comp Lit: 715
    Psychology: 661
    Chemistry: 717
    Tutoring: 7197
    Break&Entry: 666

Atrox:
    Mech Engie: 709
    Elec Engie: 711
    Quantum FT: 699
    Weapon Smith: 713
    Pharma Tech: 643
    Nano Prog: 698
    Comp Lit: 699
    Psychology: 639
    Chemistry: 713
    Tutoring: 699
    Break&Entry: 647

After doing that, I've relised the differences aren't really that great :P
    Perhaps it isn't worth including the tradeskill caps... ah well, they're here now anyway :P
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

Engineer Ring (Crawling Ants)

Excellent post !!!!

I have had an engineer since I began AO back in 2001. I have put her aside for quite some time and trying to get back in the engi swing of things, I see the Jack has a part, which I have, and the engi has to take this part to Jenella in the cyborg barracks in Greater Tir county. I can not seem to find anything on what to say to Jenella to get her to exchange my part to get the engi ring, Crawling Ants. Any help will be accepted and if it works, maybe adding this to the post as well.

Thanks.

Ladimir

Will the madness never end?!?

OK, sorry to report one more OE-broken bot

The Lesser Guardbot has a MC/TS requirement of 440, which should put its OE limit at 352 MC/TS

Well, I had mine jacked to 355 MC/TS and I was still getting the error message....

Re: Engineer Ring (Crawling Ants)

Originally posted by Ladimir
    Excellent post !!!!

I have had an engineer since I began AO back in 2001. I have put her aside for quite some time and trying to get back in the engi swing of things, I see the Jack has a part, which I have, and the engi has to take this part to Jenella in the cyborg barracks in Greater Tir county. I can not seem to find anything on what to say to Jenella to get her to exchange my part to get the engi ring, Crawling Ants. Any help will be accepted and if it works, maybe adding this to the post as well.

Thanks.

Ladimir
    In vicinity

Hi
    Who are you?
    What do you do?
    I can help you

Originally posted by Turnpike
    Will the madness never end?!?

OK, sorry to report one more OE-broken bot

The Lesser Guardbot has a MC/TS requirement of 440, which should put its OE limit at 352 MC/TS

Well, I had mine jacked to 355 MC/TS and I was still getting the error message....
    Thanks... added that one.

Stuck a section about the Solar-Powered Pistol at the end as 13.3.1 - 13.3.7.

Lesser warbot seems to be bugged with regard to OE reqs, too. It should need 506 skill, but up to 508 was not enough. I don't know exactly how much is needed. On the other hand, the next bot up, inferior warbot, is bugged the other way. It should require 520 skill to be out of OE, but I am able to control it with as little as 515 skill.

It seems like they must've entered the pet OE values in by hand, instead of just calculating them from the nano or shell skills.

This list is getting rather long... added Lesser Warbot, requirement should be 507 rather than 506 (always rounds numbers the unhelpful way).

Likewise Inferior should require 521 etc... but it's a minor point.

I dunno about everyone else but I'd much rather they all work to the advertised limits and rules to the situation of some above, some below.

Please continue letting me know any information you have on these

For reference this is the current list:
    • Lesser Automaton - Should require 20 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 27 MC and TS - Making this bot the holder of the coverted "Most Bugged" award and it gets a big "Do Not Use" sticker.
    • Lesser Gladiatorbot - Should require 207 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 217 - 220 MC and TS.
    • Common Gladiatorbot - Should require 254 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 274 MC and TS.
    • Advanced Gladiatorbot - Should require 303 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Lesser Guardbot - Should require 352 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Patchwork Warbot - Should require 493 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 514 MC and TS.
    • Lesser Warbot - Should require 507 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Patchwork Warmachine - Should require 588 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).

Forum servers are rather slow today...

Anyway.. added a note about the PPPEs and Robot Instruction discs under the trade skill section.

Tiny update to the weapons section after experimenting with a new engineer starting with MA skill.

Implant Setup for tradeskill implants

I have looked into those implant setups so here they are maybe you can use it in the guild on tradeskills

http://216.74.158.93/showthread.php?threadid=162033

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast