Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant

Agent craziness.

Imagine what boredom, lack of sleep and strong coffee can do to you?

[...]

Let the Traders have their drains and tradeskill enhancing nanos, because after all, they are so desperate for attention that they drain you to make you attack them.

Let the Soldiers have their nanos of reflection, weapon skills and heavy armor. It only makes them amusingly predictable.

Let the Meta-physicists be given a purpose, other than a /tell-hell future eternally buffing, that I am sure that they would welcome with open arms. Even as prostitutes for atrox NTs.

Let the Martial artists have their badly inspired Bruce Lee-attacks¹ and nanos with names that sounds like Haiku.

Let the Nano-technicians have their nukes and nullity fields. Just so much more fun to strike them when it fails.

Let the Fixers have their speed and grid, after all, they run away faster from anyone. Even from us.

Let the Engineers have their powerful mechnical pets and powerful auras. They will soon realize their limitation rather painfully.

Let the Enforcers have their strength, their roaring fury and blood drenched bats. And their frustation against the Agents as we can do anything they can't.. tee hehehe

Let the Doctors have their healing, because after all, healing and massive damage is unbalancing to this game.

Let the Bureaucrats have their charms, their mechnical pets with a phrase book more extensive than the volcalbulary of the collected minds in guild Storm.

Let the Adventurers have their animal morphing nanos, as it also degrades their intelligence to a leet.

And let the Agents always have the ways of causing headache. Truthfully speaking.

[end]

¹ And thank, Heaven 'o Mighty, that Funcom didn't give the Martial Artists Kung Fu-inspired voices in the Notum Wars booster. I'd be forced to hurt people then.
    Last edited by Seraphim; Jul 1st, 2003 at 12:06:18.

I like cheesecake.

I like pizza!
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Give me taco!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Originally posted by Morphex
    Give me taco!
    Hmmm ... Unfaithful to "The Good 'ol Blårock Burger"?
    Blasphemy!
    OPEC
    Cateye || Ziutiw || Zakalath
    "Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."

After all, our profession-defining ability is to piss people off.

Talking

sticky?
    Mimic: Agent

haha, right on the spot
    Marius-AO: Camping and farming is a very bad thing I hate it We will do everything we can to avoid this, and I am very positive we will succeed Although sometimes there will be a need for great difficulty to obtain certain items the general rule is that it should be fun to obtain them ..no boring camping ..[/size]

i give dest a new red babymysse P
    Omni-tek is your friend !

For the greater good of the agent community...

IT'S STICKY! STICKY STICKY STICKY!

(To the sound of "It's Tricky" by RUN DMC)
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

OMG the agents forum has the most sticky threads
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Most sticky posts, least amount of posts here.

Talking Beware..

More agent humor on the way.

nah dont.. if we have too much fun every other profession cries for a agent nerf.

lets just sit back in our dark corners and succeed with ganking.
    seigmen - agent agent agent

Talking Influenced by coffee.

I have been reading alot of people' thoughts here on these boards. And I have come to the point that you have to admire people that writes these posts. It takes a certain amount courage to write something and come out in favor of things that everybody else in the 'audience' are against, like improvements for the Agent profession. I got a minor example here of my own: you are a agent if..?

You are an agent if:

- The total of non-Agent nanos uploaded exceed your Agent uploaded. The more expensive they are, the better.

- If you can stand in a silly, half-crouched position, utterly convinced you're hidden from the world, even though anyone approaching can spot you in fractions of a second.

- If the only thing outnumbering your concealment skill is the number of useless nanos cluttering your interface

- If it felt like a orgasm when doing your first Aimed Shot causing 10,000 points of damage to target mob.

- If you feel 40 meter might be a tad on the short side for range on a high powered rifle.

- If you find being the size of a bug slightly amusing until you find the first crack in the pavement.

- If you got more knowledge about most professions nanos and equipment than the majority of said profession.

- If you find yourself scratching on the shortkey for aimed shot when attacking mobs. And you get irritated when detected!

- If you get asked for buffs from several different proffesions, all at once.

- If everyone hates you.

- If your volcalbulary consists of cynical 'heh' and deadly punchlines that would make the hardenest squirm nervously.

- If you keep your rifles seperated in bags marked "Buffing" and "Fighting"

- If you're totally calm in PvP, 'cause you know you'll die anyway.

- If the only free space in your nano interface is in your "Favorite" folder.

- If you wish for a second, and even a third, set of shortcut bars in your HUD.

- If you've terminated more than once within the space of two minutes.

- If you've ever use your dots for no other purpose but to annoy.

- If your eyes glaze over and you grin sheepishly when someone mentions "Ranee" or "The Dis".

- If you get slightly paranoid when faced with news of "Improvements".

- If messages of "upcoming love" makes you cringe and mutter something intelligible about "rough love".

- If you know better than to ask agents for NCU buffs and HoT's.

- If you can write articles filled with arguments that would "talk off the pants" of anyone that even tries to open his or her trap.

- If you still wonder why the hell Agents have Sneak Attack.

- If you think 40 million credits for a rifle is just silly.

- If you can't for the life of you figure out what the purpose of Adv. Face Graft is.

- If you question the logic of an item standing half a foot above ground being easier to hit than a fourhundred pound atrox enforcer sparkling from shield nanos.

- If you find immense amounts of joy in combining Ruse 3, Slayer Transference and Quantum wings.

- If you have nanos uploaded that you cannot use.

- If you've experienced Funcom's vision™ for your profession to be as consistent as the prime minister post of Italy\truthful as B. Clinton's testimonies\intelligent as G.W. Bush's many statements.

- If you're still wondering what it is you're supposed to spy on.

- If you are a firm believer of the conspiracy theory that the only reason Funcom chose not fix the main issues around the Agent profession, is that they don't want to make every other profession obselete in the process.

- If the fact that a Doctor or a Merchant can assassinate with greater ease than an Assassin still has you slightly befuddled.

Finally, all Visual Profession nanos and equipment are ultimately Agent gear. The profession who can use it without the False Profession: Agent nano is merely borrowing it from us, because we are so nice. And as we all know, Agents created all nanos. It isn't until recently the other professions figured out how to do it on their own. The good thing about this gives us a certain right to gloat over everyone else. The bad thing is that everyone, including ourselfs, think of us as wolfes dressed as sheeps.

So long boys & girls! I am off to drop a bomb so don't wait up for me as I am on my way to armageddon!

Last edited by Seraphim; Jun 30th, 2003 at 11:24:22.

I wonder how many of the "Professionals" are really FP Agents?

*Gives all the Professionals "The Look"*

hehe, I think Des hit the nail on the head perfectly describing the agent there, was chuckling constantly throught it
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

He certainly did
    Marius-AO: Camping and farming is a very bad thing I hate it We will do everything we can to avoid this, and I am very positive we will succeed Although sometimes there will be a need for great difficulty to obtain certain items the general rule is that it should be fun to obtain them ..no boring camping ..[/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast